in soul pursuit

in soul pursuit

Thursday 23 January 2014

Bloomsbury Guide to Christian Spirituality




The Bloomsbury Guide continues from strength to strength. Two news items this week. First, I received a message from Archbishop Thomas Menamparampil of Assam with whom I had the pleasure of spending a couple of days in Bangalore earlier this month. I sent him a copy and he told me how delighted he was with it. He also asked us to pray for his peace mission in North East India. He is presently negotiating a peace initiative for a dialogue between the Rengma Nagas and the Karbis and asks for us to hold this in our prayers.
And then from the States I receive a message from ‘Choice Journal’ which presents reviews of academic journals. To my surprise the Bloomsbury Guide has been awarded one of the ‘Outstanding Academic Titles’ of 2013 – wow! Apparently it demonstrates:


• overall excellence in presentation and scholarship
• importance relative to other literature in the field
• distinction as a first treatment of a given subject in book or electronic form
• originality or uniqueness of treatment
• value to undergraduate students
• importance in building undergraduate library collections

(see http://www.ala.org/acrl/choice/outstanding for more)

After all the hard work Richard, myself and the contributors put into it it is great to have this accolade. My thanks to everyone who helped make this happen.

Best

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment